Become a member of a great data engineering crew, you collaborate with data scientists, analysis and business SMEs to understand the problem context. As a technology leader with a business oriented outlook to the problem solving you will design and deploy data landscapes by creating innovative solution to create right but rich data.
- Lead in building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical data analytics solutions quickly no matter what data size
- Design, code, configurations, and document components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing across heterogeneous data repositories – Hadoop, nosql, relational, and others…
- Devise context driven data roadmap – noninvasive architecture path for selective disruption
- Recommend, evaluate new tools, platform for adoption to achieve advanced analytics through machine learning
- Achieve goals of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Support entire development life-cycle to secure timely delivery
- Hands on expertise in Agile, SCRUM and other development systems life-cycles
- S. or higher in Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Masters degree with sufficient subject matter expertise in healthcare, financial services or retail
- 5+ years software development experience in one or more of C, C++, Java, Python
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques and statistical analysis
- Solid understanding of pattern recognition / predictive analysis/ data mining / expert system concepts.
- Hands on experience in MATLAB, SPSS, R Programming languages
- Good inter-personal, presentation and communication skills (special skills encouraged).
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities while working in complex, highly matrixed teams
- Quick learner, proactive leader with innovative zeal to explore the unknown
Good to have:
- Years of Java or Python experience with data structure and algorithm design, and architecture design
- Understanding of new technologies, and legacy environment
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing Spark, Hadoop, Map Reduce, YARN, Hive, Kafka, Avro, SQL and NoSQL data warehouses or
- Experience standing up and deploying solutions on top of the AWS technologies: EMR, EC2, S3, Redshift, Dynamo, Kinesis.
- Leader of big data architectures and component designs, assess feasibility tradeoffs, creating POCs using new technologies based on business needs
- Exposure to SQL and MPP databases (e.g. Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data).
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred.
- A TEAM PLAYER, DILIGENT, AND PROACTIVE CONTRIBUTOR
Cueris is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer